When I bought the ticket there was not a single line about the flights availability actually everything looked normal on their webpage because of COVID-19. So i went ahead and booked the ticket. Then I called their office in Bangkok for some inquiries and only then have I learnt that there is no real flight and they are just selling the tickets for which there is no actual flights!!!!
Once I made sure, sent them an email and demanded full refund, and getting shocked for the second time, they offered me 3 choices,(direct quotation from their email)
“• Rebook your tickets for a future travel date once the situation is back to normal globally. (limited two times date change allowed only)
• All your tickets validity will be extended up to 24 months from the original date of issuance of the tickets (28AUG2022).
• Rebooking of your ticket on same destination or any other desired destination without any date change fee. Only fare & Tax difference will be collected if applicable.
• Travel Voucher: this voucher can be utilized for purchase of any of Oman Air products and services which can be refunded after one year from the original issuance date.”
Through the email, they are responsive but give you unrelated careless responses and never, i strongly repeat, never answer any direct to the point questions like:
1. If there was no flight why did you sell ticket?
2. Why didn’t you say anything about your refund policy anywhere on your website?
Through the social media and pressure from poor passengers, they updated their website with these info.
They will made it excruciatingly difficult for you to refund your money through frustrating emailing.
If this is not convincing enough, go ahead and try. Good luck.
Muscat International Airport
Missed connecting flight
Recommend this airline for connecting flights