0.00/5 from 0 reviews
Kuala Lumpur Int. Airport (KUL), Don Mueang Int. Airport - Bangkok
Air Asia is a Malaysian low cost airline based in Kuala Lumpur. It has subsidiaries all over Asia and serves over 60 destinations.
Airline transfer policy
Does AirAsia provide stop-over and connecting flight service? What is FLY-THRU and how to book FLY-THRU?
1. What does FLY-THRU mean?
The process of conveniently transferring from one flight to another without the hassle of going through immigration processing, and of having to collect your baggage when you are taking 2 different flights to get to your final destination and stopping over at a transit station (e.g. KUL is the transit point for a flight from HND-KUL then KUL-PER).
2. How can I purchase this service?
Log in to www.airasia.com or visit AirAsia Service centre to make booking for our FLY-THRU destinations.
3. Where can I get information on which flights come with this service?
You can refer to the FLY-THRU schedule available on our website.
4. What are the benefits of FLY-THRU?
Baggage is checked through to the final destination – guests do not need to collect baggage at transit hub and check-in again.
Upon arrival from first flight sector, guests will go through the transfer hall
For international to international connecting flights, guests do not need to clear immigration, thus will not be subjected to fulfill visa requirements in Kuala Lumpur or Don Mueang transit hubs (except during extended delays)
Guests will be provided with the second boarding pass at the transfer hall, if it wasn't given at the point of origin
Guests can then go directly into departure hall.
5. What if the FLY-THRU service is only available one way and not the other on my desired date of travel?
You can book the flight which comes with the FLY-THRU service one way and make 2 separate point-to-point bookings for your return journey. Please note that the FLY-THRU service will not be available if you have made 2 separate point to point bookings.
6. What happens during situations of delays?
What if a planned/ad hoc delay or cancellation of one flight segment causes me to miss my connection which I have booked under one booking number with FLY-THRU service?
We will move you to the next available flight, free of charge. However, the FLY-THRU facility may not be available thereafter if the timings between the new connections exceed the 90 minutes to 18 hours window for both International to International and Domestic to International window at klia2 or exceed the 90 minutes to 6 hour window at Don Mueang and Jakarta.
What if a planned/ad hoc delay or cancellation of one flight segment causes me to miss my connection which I have booked as 2 separate point to point flights and does not come with the FLY-THRU service?
This is not subject to our T&C as a point-to-point carrier, service recovery under this circumstance is entirely dependent on the discretion of the airline based on the cause of the disruption.
How long can I remain in the departure hall before my next flight in cases of delays?
Currently the maximum time is 18 hours at klia2 and 6 hours at Don Mueang and Jakarta. You are required to leave the departure hall (clear immigration and ensure visa requirements are met. We will need to consult immigration on a case by case basis should you not meet the Malaysian immigration entry requirements). You can remain in the hall for 90 minutes to 18 hours for bothInternational to International FLY THRU and Domestic to International FLY THRU at klia2. At Don Mueang and Jakarta, you can remain in the hall for 90 minutes to 6 hours for all connections.
7. I have already booked 2 different flights and noticed that I can opt for FLY-THRU service with a promotional fare. Can I convert my bookings?
No. This service is only available when flights are purchased under one booking number.
8. Can I leave the departure hall once I have been checked into my next flight?
No. If you opt to leave the departure hall, you will have to proceed through immigration clearance. You will also need to meet the relevant visa requirements to enter the transit hub.
9. What is my baggage weight allowance for connecting flights?
The baggage weight allowance for connecting flights will be the same as the point-to-point flights. However, as the connecting flight baggage will be checked through to the final destination, the baggage for the second leg will be defaulted based on the first leg choice when you purchase your baggage online.
10. Can I purchase duty free items from the first flight and take it through to the second flight?
If you are travelling to Australia you can only purchase duty free items at the transit station or the final destination. For all other end destinations, duty free items are permissible as long as the items are contained in sealed duty free bags.
11. Why can't I find any fares for my desired destinations? AirAsia website states that there is a connection for the destination.
Only selected flights on selected days offer FLY-THRU service.
12. Can I still enjoy other services provided by AirAsia or AirAsia X, such as AirAsia X Business Class, AirAsia Insure, Upsize Check-in Baggage, Pick A Seat, etc?
Yes. You can still enjoy other services provided by AirAsia or AirAsia X with FLY-TRHU booking.
13. Will I get 2 boarding passes when I check-in for my first flight?
Yes. Most airports will provide guest with two boarding passes when you check-in at your first flight and your baggage will automatically tagged to your final destination.
14. I missed my connecting flight, where can I get help?
Please proceed to the Guest Services counter and our staff will assist you.
15. I didn't get my second flight's boarding pass at point of origin. Where can I get help?
Please proceed to the Guest Services counter and our staff will assist you.
16. I have accidentally exited the Transfer Hall, can I still return to catch my connecting flight?
Yes. Please proceed to the Departure Hall with your next flight’s boarding pass. You will need to clear Immigration and security checks again. Just proceed to the departure gate stated in your boarding pass without having to enter the Transfer Hall again.
17. How can I ensure that my baggage has been transferred from my first to my second connecting flight?
If you have booked your flights through the FLY-THRU service and have Boarding Passes for both flights, you can be assured that your baggage are tagged to your final destination.
18. If I want to access my baggage during my transit, can I access my belongings?
No. Your baggage has been tagged for transfer and will only be accessible at your final destination.
19. What is the convenience fee* charge for a FLY-THRU booking? (*applicable for payments via credit, debit or charge cards)
Convenience fee is chargeable at RM8 per person, per sector.
20. Are there any time limits in making a FLY-THRU booking?
FLY-THRU online booking is available up to 4 hours before flights. However, pre-booked meals are only allowed if booking is made within 48hours from the departure time.
21. I have made a booking under FLY-THRU for sector i.e. HND-KUL-SIN and return sector for i.e. SIN-KUL-HND. Can I change date (for onward /return sector) by not continuing my journey to SIN but instead would stop my journey at KUL?
You can change the date (flight change fee will be charged) on an onward or return journey but you are not allowed to change the single segment date/time in single journey (onward/return). Break in between a journey is not allowed. Only for cases where there is a delay or cancellation of flight that causes the guest to miss the connection, we will allow the guest to move to the next available flight.
22. What is the minimum connecting time (MCT)?
The MCT for interline transfers for both International to International and Domestic to International for klia2 is 90 minutes to 18 hours. For Don Mueang (DMK) and Jakarta (CGK), the MCT is 90 minutes to 6 hours for all connections.
23. If I have excess baggage at the point of origin, do I need to pay for either sectors or both?
Excess baggage and/or any other relevant fees payable must be paid for both sectors at the point of origin.
24. Where is the main transit point for AirAsia FLY-THRU service?
Currently Kuala Lumpur (klia2), Bangkok (Don Mueang), Jakarta (Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, CGK) and Bali Ngurah Rai (DPS) are the transit points that we have for all the connecting destinations.
25. Where should I go upon arriving at the transit point?
You should go to the transfer hall and not to the immigration hall upon arriving at the transit point. You can only enter the departure hall through the transfer hall to board your next flight.
26. Where is the transfer hall located?
Upon arrival at the terminal building, please follow the direction as shown on the directional signage or speak to our staff.
27. If I made a Business Class booking for D7-AK FLY-THRU service, will I be getting a flat bed seat in the AK flight?
No. Flatbed seats are only available on D7 flights, whereas AK, FD & QZ flights are fully equipped with Standard seats only. However, you will still be able to enjoy others premium privileges such as 25kg baggage allowance, free meal, pick a seat, priority boarding and etc on your AK flight.
28. Will I be able to select my free pre-booked meal for my premium booking on FLY-THRU service?
Yes, you can select your pre-booked meal. However, in the event a pre-booked meal is not available either due to catering shortage, last minute bookings (less than 48hours before departure time) or aircraft down-sizing, we reserve reserves the rights to replace the meal with either another hot meal, sandwich, non-perishable food items, beverage or a combination of any the above amounting to or less than the value of your pre-booked meal.
29. What if I already purchased a flight (i.e. CGK-KUL-HND) but my visa was not approved; can I get a refund?
We will treat situations like this on a case to case basis. However, refund requests should be submitted with a valid supporting document. And if the case occurs during the day of departure, we will need to consult with the Duty Manager /Airport Manager to determine the reason why guest was denied check –in /boarding.
30. Do I need to go through the immigration check or collect my checked-in baggage upon arriving at the transit point?
No. You do not need to clear immigration or collect your baggage at the transit point as your baggage will be tagged and transferred to your final destination.